Membership will include Individual Members and Institutional Members. Individual Members may include any member who has an inclination to invest in a startup organization and is interested to not only invest money but also time and energy for the growth of the startup. Membership will comprise from TiE Charter members and non TiE members introduced by a TiE charter member or an existing angel.
- Individual members are inducted as members in individual capacity only and will not be representing any organization. Investments brought by the Hyderabad Angles will be made in the name of the members or their immediate family members only. Fiduciary ownership of the investment will be that of the member or immediate family member and in no circumstance it will be in name of any other person or a corporate body. A member of the Hyderabad Angels can also be a member of other Angel group. However, it is assumed that he or she will not share deals or deal flow information with out the consent of secretariat and Investment committee.
- New members can join Hyderabad Angel’s by calling the secretariat and are required to get a reference from an existing Angel member or at least should be a well know figure in the industry circles. New charter members of TiE can’t become members of Hyderabad Angels. They will have to be approved by the Executive Committee. Members not known to any Angel will have to be approved by Executive Committee. All members should sign‘code of conduct’ guidelines and adhere to them at all times. Disciplinary action may be enforced if these guidelines are broken.
- Individual members are encouraged not to join any other Angel Investor group in the spirit of conflict of interest. If they do so, it is advised that they will not share deals between the groups unless specially approved by both the secretariats. Disciplinary action may be enforced if these guidelines are broken.
- Institutional members can also join the Hyderabad Angels group with members of the institution given access to the deal flow. However, the fee for institutional members will be higher than that of the individual members. Fiduciary ownership of the investments made in that case will be in the name of the institution. Examples of Institutional members could be a Venture Capitalist or Private Equity firm or a Company, Institution or an endowment with capital set aside for entrepreneurship and early stage funding.
- Hyderabad Angels doesn’t intend to have a fixed corpus and have a time horizon in making investments. However, the Executive Committee will decide on a yearly basis if there is any minimum investment need to be made by individual members.
- Hyderabad Angels may also develop close ties with other like minded institutions to make larger co-investments and provide value to investee companies.